The last 45 watt HF kit arrived this last Wednesday, coincidently, my birthday (happy birthday, Bill, from Bill) and I wanted to slip a photo in so you all can see where it ended....of the two kits on the ground, I wired the last one yesterday, the one on the right, in front...these two kits supply a strong presence in the late afternoon, when the sunshine is winding down and I need a boost to the battery bank before dark, they also supply power to the solar hot water pump (whenever I get a chance to finish that, it's been a very busy 9 days of vacation and it ends tomorrow), and, of course, rain here all weekend...oh well....

Anyway, the panel count now supplies a comfortable power level to easily run the appliances I run on batteries during those beautiful blue days, where I have successfully added roughly 90% of the power users to the battery bank...I think I can comfortably, finally, sit back and let the sun pay my power bills...

Views: 89

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Awesome set up Bill, counting 22 .... and Happy Birthday! 

Hi Ray, and thank you, 59 yo and still kickin'...   :)

There are a total of 24 panels, if you look real close there are a pair, very stealthy in the pic, right at the edge of the roof, in front of the first row, at the same angle as the roof....

I used all the space I could think of, aside from painting myself into a corner making it impossible to get on the roof, these two panels will be virtually worthless in the dead of winter, but right now they are humming...

And as a side bar, yesterday I was successful in circulating water from the bottom of the hot water tank to the top of the tank with the solar powered pump,WITHOUT LEAKS, which was my biggest issue, finally, I got the right copper, with the right brass, with a successful solder job...everything on the roof is ready to go. just need to run hoses and get some sun (I won't get the latter this weekend).....

Anyway, that's it for now, maybe if I get real lucky, I can finish the solar hot water today.

Happy Birthday.

"no more additions"

wanna bet? ;)

It's a safe bet, John, that's it for panel's additions, as you can see, I've about max'd my space, being it's a rental apartment, I think I've done pretty well...there are 3 solar hot water panels between the two rows on the roof, that space is also occupied, and really, the only other thing that will reduce the power bill is to get the solar hot water going, the 360 watts in the electrical panels does the job nicely. I'm a little ticked at myself that I didn't finish the hot water during vacation, but I'm almost there, hopefully in the next couple weeks...

RSS

© 2014   Created by Renewable Ray.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service